Looking for more resources? Here are some links to other websites and organisations that we think might be useful.

Provides help within your home. Includes changing light bulbs, stopping dripping taps, installing fire alarms and more.
(Many of the services are subsidised)

Call (07) 3379 8000 if you live in the South Western suburbs of Brisbane.
A card is provided which enables the carer or escort accompanying a person, who for a medical or disability reason, cannot travel without the assistance of another person, to travel free on all City train network services. The card is issued in the name of the person with the disability. The person must carry the card whenever they are travelling on a City Train service. They must also carry their pension concession card.

For more info contact Ph: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)  or visiit www.qld.gov.au/companioncard
This pass is a photo identification card for people who are legally blind (determined by the definition used by Social Security Act, Commonwealth 1991) This travel pass entitles the holder to free travel on all rail, bus and ferry services in the South East corner of Queensland. It is not valid on long distance rail or bus travel services.

For more info, call Translink on 13 12 30.

> Click here to see website for more information
Are you caring for a loved one and feel at times it would be good for you to be able to talk with someone about your needs?
Phone 1800 242636 for information, support and counselling.

website: www.carersqld.asn.au 
For one-off, short term and emergency respite

Phone 1800 052 222   (After Hours: 1800 059 059)

Provide assessment for eligibility for packages available, Residential respite and permanent residential care.

If you require emergency respite/short/long term provided by the government, you must be assessed by ACAT prior.

Phone 1800 200 422

website: www.myagedcare.gov.au
Information Service for aids and equipment

Phone 1300 885 886

website: www.lifetec.org.au

website: www.ilcaustralia.org.au
Information on services for people with a disability

Phone 1800 177 120
Knowing and exercising your rights
Phone 1800 818 338
website: www.qada.org.au
To help you stay in touch...
Telstra have hearing, speech, vision, mobility and dexterity products and services for older people and people with a disability.
Phone 1800 068 424
Have you ever thought of having a personal alarm so you can push a button if you need help?
It really is a life saver....and the best thing is you speak with a real person and not an answering machine.
If you would like information and assistance in installing one, contact SRS and speak to the staff about organising one for you.
Support for parents of a person with a disability
Phone (07) 3622 1222 (Newmarket)  or (07) 3291 5888 (Mt Gravatt)
website: www.mamre.org.au
For carers of people with a disability aged 18-55 yrs
Phone (07) 3393 0766

This is a great site which gives references for reading material that will help broaden your understanding of Respite Care.

website: www.healthdirect.gov.au/respite-care